You have already finalized the way that your video is going to be but you still haven’t decided on the voice over actor you are going to hire for what you need. You know that voice over actors are in demand as they can be heard on various commercials, radio shows, television shows and of course, your own videos.
You can check the number of voice over actors in the area and become surprised because there are so many that are available. Some voice over actors are more in demand than others but there are also some who are just starting out but are pretty good. To help you in choosing, you can keep these things in mind:
- Make sure that you know the type of voice you are looking for. Are you searching for a British female voice over because of the accent?
- Take a look at the actor’s fees. Can you afford it? It will also depend on the budget that you have for your video. If you are a professional videographer, you may have more money to spend but if you are just starting out, you need to search for a good voice over actor with affordable fees.
- Look at the reviews of the voice over actor’s past clients. Are they mostly negative? If you see a lot of negative reviews, you need to look elsewhere but if there are a lot of positive reviews, you are in luck. You may have found the voice over actor you are searching for.
You cannot make hasty decisions though. You need to look for the right voice over actors that have proper skills to help you in your video project. What are the most important skills to look for?
- You need to find a voice over actor with acting skills.
This may be confusing to you since these actors would need to use their voices, right? Their voices must show what they are feeling. This means that if in your video, they are required to show some sadness, they have to make it evident through their voices. Those who cannot do this should not be given proper attention anymore. True and talented voice over actors should be able to portray emotions through their voice.
- Make sure that the voice over actor knows some technical skills.
It is important for a voice over actor to have technical knowledge about the tools that are needed to make it in the field of voice over acting. The actor should have the right tools available and the right equipment to make the right voice clear and ready to be used for your video.
- Find a voice over actor who knows the business.
You would like to deal with someone who is familiar with how the voice over business works. You should look for someone who is always determined because this means that the person is always looking for a job and is actively trying to do his best in order to book more jobs in the future.
When you find the right voice over actor you can hire, you may never know, you might want to hire the person again in the future.