Shooting videos might seem like the easiest thing in the world. Some might think that it is as easy as picking up a camera and letting it role. There are many things that go into the production of a quality video, some of which are lighting, the quality of the lens, and to some extent, even the experience of the photographer. In today’s article, we are going to discuss some tips for shooting underwater videos.
When shooting videos under water, it is important to hold the camera still, and especially with all the water around you. It might sound easy, but the moment that you enter the water you’ll realize that it isn’t as easy. Any sort of wobble could spoil the video. One trick is to hold the housing as close to your body as possible, the other using a tripod.
Move Around a Little
You need to have as much variety of shots as possible to make the videos more interesting. That is why besides the still shots, you might want to shoot some while moving around. Just try not to wobble.
Use a Tripod
The best way to hold a camera stead when you’re underwater is by using an underwater tripod. They come in a whole lot of ranges to suit different conditions, and they are set to give you some great footage. The goodness with tripods is that they won’t scare the fish away, unlike your presence. You can shoot the videos while you’re far from the tripod.
Follow the Action
You have got to keep a moving subject that you’re filming in the frame, and that means following it, with plenty of headroom, giving it plenty of space to move. when you’re tired, hold the camera still and let the subject swim away, out of the frame.
Take as much footage as you can, since nowadays buying storage such as memory cards, is pretty cheap. You never know the great shots that you might have missed.
Reasons and Tips on Selecting the Best Swim Cap
Not everyone wants to get their hair wet when they are in the water, and that is probably reason enough to purchase a suitable swim cap. That is what brings us to our next topic, selecting the best swim caps.
Speedo Silicone Solid Swim Cap
This swim cap rates well amongst professionals and recreational swimmers. It is made of lightweight materials and fits comfortably while in the water. Made of silicone, it lets a reasonable amount of air to pass through, and it can expand to fit your hair no matter how long or thick it is.
- The materials used are above industry standard and synthetic
- Imported materials
- Really good stretch
- Snag and tear-proof
- Provides a good amount of durability
- Is a good fit and easy to wear and remove
- Comes in 12 colors
Speedo Silicone Long Hair Swim Cap
This is a durable swim cap that is made of silicone, allowing air to pass through. It stretches well and is made for long hair. It is recommended by professionals and great for learners.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- No snagging – easy to wear and take off
- Double stretch allows the cap to stretch to double its size for long thick hair
- Hugs the head to significantly minimize drag
- Special design for swimmer that have long, thick hair
Swimtastic Lycra Swim Cap
This swim cap is perfect for both short and long hair, and it can also be used for indoor swimming. The durable material is UV resistant, protecting the hair and the scalp from the sun, especially after swimming in a pool with chlorine.
- The cap does not move from the head while you swim
- Comes in 5 colors
- UV resistant material
- The material provides a good amount of stretch – perfect for both male and female swimmers
- Quick drying
TYR Lycra Swim Cap
This swimming cap is durable and stretchy, and they are bigger for a more comfortable fit no matter the length or thickness of the hair. It is easy to wear and remove, and it doesn’t sag on the head.
- 80% of the swimming cap is made using recycled nylon while the other 20% is made using highly durable Lycra
- The swim cap is mainly designed for recreational swimmers and not professionals
- Comes in a total of 6 colors
Royal Swim Cap for Long Hair
This swim cap is designed for people with long hair, and it comes with accessories nose clips and earplugs. It is made of silicone for durability and breathability. It comes in a universal size, making it unisex.
- 100% waterproof, which means the cap will not let any water get inside the cap. It doesn’t matter how frequently you swim and whether or not you are a professional
- The caps are great for wavy, curly, straight and fleecy hair types
- The materials used are top quality and overly sturdy. Moreover, the silicone is hypoallergenic, which means it is made from non-toxic materials.
- High durability
- Universal size – it is unisex
- Great stretch
- Comes in 3 colors (pink, black and blue)
With the tips above, it should be easier to shoot videos in the water, and if you’re sensitive about your hair getting wet, you might want to go for one of the swim caps mentioned above.